Feb 24, 2014
Regular Expression Explorer for IntelliJ IDEA.
Allows you to experiment with Java regular expressions in a dynamic environment.
Recent change notes
- Add option to copy the regex as is, skipping the conversion to java strings.
- Fixed a stupid mistake in not testing with multiple projects open at once. This showed up as an assertion failure when opening a second project. Mea culpa.
- Major revamp of the color handling. The colors used in the plugin now reflect the color scheme chosen in the rest of IntelliJ. This makes the text much more readable if you use any of the dark themes available.
- Fixes hang on startup with IntelliJ X.
- Fixes for the 94.539 EAP (FLAVOR not found error).
- Fix plugin so that it saves its state to the workspace rather than the project file.
- Added toolbar buttons to create a new regex and delete the current one. This makes the library handling a little more convenient.
- Fixed the copy code so that it it copies that part of the regular expression that has been selected.
- Changed the way copy and paste happens in the regex editor so that you can copy segments of the regular expression and paste them back to the editor without having them changed to java strings.
- Fixed the fonts used in the plugin so that they are fixed pitch again (I think that one of the IntelliJ IDEA releases changed the default here).
- Added the option to show labels for the toolbar buttons that refer to regex flags. I can never keep track of which icon represents which completely abstract concept. This is a menu option. I wasn't able to work out how best to do this dynamically so right now you have to restart so see this change.
- Changed the reference card pane so that there are closers on the splitter again.
- Removed the popup reference window. I really don't think that it was useful particularly because it can go behind the main IDEA window.
- Fixed a race condition (null pointer exception) in the stand alone swing app.
- Added icons to menu.
- Changed sizing of initial panes so that they are more likely to display nicely on a clean install.
- dockable reference card in addition to the popup
- ctrl-c in regexeditor copies the regex as java string
- using since-build instead of min, max-version
- smaller icons
- consistent l&f with the idea project toggle buttons (short description in the statusbar and in the tooltips)
- referencepage moved into the menu
- iconhelp with some more information on how the buttons really work