SQL Code Assistant provides extended editing capability for SQL and PL/SQL code of the Oracle database.
With the SQL Code Assistant you are able to browse the objects, edit and execute SQL statements, navigate over the code, search for usages in the database schema or scripts on the File System.
The plugin uses lexer and parser generated by ANTLR tool, thanks to Terence Parr (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
NOTE: Put SQL and PL/SQL files under some of source roots to have them indexed by the plugin.
- Configurable syntax and error highlighting
- Static code analysis
- Context aware code completion
- Viewing the structure of SQL and PL/SQL code
- SQL and PL/SQL code formatting (experimental) (Ctrl-Alt-L)
- Code Navigation
- Quick object lookup (Ctrl-Shift-O)
- Explain Plan (Ctrl-Shift-P)
- Find Usages tables, views, columns, function, procedures, etc
- Run SQL statement or PL/SQL block against active connection (Ctrl-Shift-M)
- Database Schema Browsing
- Set up database connection with plain JDBC URL or TNS Names, also SSH tunnel supported
- Code Folding and bracket matching support
- Code commenting
- Completion wizards for TABLE/PROCEDURE/FUNCTION/PACKAGE
- [KNOWN ISSUE] Case-sensitive table names, column names, etc are not supported for now
- [KNOWN ISSUE] Initial indexing of numerous SQL files (1k and more) may take time
I appreciate comments, suggestions or bug reports, thanks in advance.