The Realigner plugin adds three tools for reformatting code:
- Join (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+J) - Removes newlines from selected lines, optionally joining them using a "glue" string.
- Split (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L)- Replaces arbitrary strings with newlines.*
- Wrap / Unwrap (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W) - Adds or removes a prefix- and postfix- string to a selection, the current line or each of multiple selected lines. Frequently used wraps can be stored as quick-wrap buttons, hint: quick-wrap buttons can be selected via cursor up/down keys as well.
On Macs, the keyboard shortcuts are J, L or W together with Shift+Alt+Cmd
*Splitting with an empty delimiter and w/o selection inserts a newline at the soft-wrap boundary.
Realigner is helpful e.g. for:
- Reformatting lines into comma-separated lists
- Converting lists into lines
- Breaking up long URLs for easier analysis
- Quickly commenting-out multiple lines of code even if that particular language is not supported
- Quickly un-commenting lines of code even if that particular language is not supported
- Commenting-out / un-commenting using keyboards with layouts not compliant to the keyboard shortcuts for the similar in-built function
- Reformatting long lines to wrap at the soft-wrap boundary (120 chars)
Please note: This plugin is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.