Search millions of code snippets
Coding collaboration platforms such as GitHub, Google Code, and StackOverflow are treasure troves of programming knowledge.
helps you find the best code examples from *any* source that may have them.
The Codota intellij plugin also integrates with your CodeBox. Install the Codota Chrome Extension to save snippets from your browser into your CodeBox and use them in the IDE.
Use Codota to find the best code examples for every class or method in the code. Tap into the collective knowledge of the community!
To use the Codota plugin, just select a class/method name in your code and hit alt+k (or ⌘k). You can also hit alt+k (or ⌘k) without any text selected and use the popup search box to enter your search query.
To index and search your own code, visit Index your repo and use alt+l (or ⌘l), or ctrl+shift+k (or ⌘+shift+k).
Recent change notes
- 1.1.5 compatibility
- 1.1.4 compatibility with 2016.2
- 1.1.3 improved navigation
- 1.1.2 default internal usages
- 1.1.1 stability
- 1.1.0 bug fix
- 1.0.9 stability and bug fixes
- 1.0.8 Scala trait resolution fixes
- 1.0.7 fixes and grouping
- 1.0.6 fix origin and browsing improvements
- 1.0.5 further browsing improvement
- 1.0.4 improved xref browsing for Scala
- 1.0.3 internal broswer for xrefs
- 1.0.2 update support since 2016.1
- 1.0.1 fix startup problems
- 1.0.0 upgraded to IJ 2016.1
- 0.9.9 standard view for xrefs in your code
- 0.9.8 bug fixes for method signatures
- 0.9.7 bug fixes for Java xref
- 0.9.6 more robust xref support from Scala
- 0.9.5 preliminary support for xref from Scala
- 0.9.4 bug fixes (including avatar on retina bug), key binding for IDEA15/mac
- 0.9.3 bug fixes, xref support for org search
- 0.9.2 bug fixes
- 0.9.1 bug fixes (problems processing large projects)
- 0.9 performance, less intrusive contextual search, bug fixes
- 0.8.9 highlights
- 0.8.8 fix for performance problems
- 0.8.7 improved login and authentication process
- 0.8.6 general fixes
- 0.8.5 cross reference
- 0.8.4 bug fixes, minor UI improvements, add alt+k as alternative key binding
- 0.8.3 performance, bug fixes, passive search
- 0.8.2 downgrade to JDK1.6 for compatibility
- 0.8.1 documentation, messages
- 0.8 performance, bug fixes
- 0.1.2 improved UX, bug fixes
- 0.1.1 improved http connection performance and minor bug fixes
- 0.1 initial release - private beta
General usage instructions
The codota plugin has been replaced with the Codota desktop application - available at https://www.codota.com