Markdown Navigator 2.0
Markdown language support for IntelliJ platform
A Markdown plugin with GFM and a matching preview style.
Get Markdown Navigator enhanced edition to unlock all productivity features.
Document with pleasure!
Work with Markdown files like you do with other languages in the IDE, by getting full support for:
- Paste images into documents for fast screen capture links
- Drag & Drop files and images for fast link insertion
- Formatting to cleanup documents with a key stroke
- Navigation and Find Usages to find references without effort
- Copy Markdown as JIRA, YouTrack or HTML formatted text
- Convert HTML to Markdown by pasting it into a Markdown document.
- Export to HTML or PDF to share with others
- Refactoring of all referencing elements:
- files ⟺ links
- headings ⟺ ref anchors
- footnotes ⟺ footnote refs
- references ⟺ ref links/ref images
- Completions to reduce typing:
- link address ⇐ files
- ref anchors ⇐ headings
- footnote refs ⇐ footnotes
- ref links/ref images ⇐ references
- link text ⇐ ref anchor/link address
- Error and Warning annotations to help catch mistakes early
- Intention actions for fast results with less effort
- Wrap on Typing to keep it nicely formatted as you edit
- GitHub style rendering that you are used to, out of the box
- Fast typing response for distraction free editing
- Fully customizable to adjust to your preferences and project needs
Recent change notes
2.4.0 - Bug Fix & Enhancement Release
- Fix: #517, Invalid tool tip for “Show Breadcrumb text”
- Change: #520, Not working: As you type automation: Double of bold/emphasis markers and remove inserted ones if a space is typed. Enable these options in code style, disabled by default.
- Fix: #509, Text with colons is incorrectly interpreted as an invalid emoji shortcut
- Add: #507, How to be sure that HTML auto generated link will have unchanged url. Link format option for HTML export: page relative, project relative, http: absolute, file: absolute if option
Link to exported HTML is not selected.
- Add: #466, Indents with 4 spaces instead of 2 as I like. Code style option for indent size added sets number of spaces to insert when pressing tab.
- Change: Remove attribute and settings migration from pre 2.3.0 versions.
- Add: nested heading outline collapsing
- Fix: improved HTML to markdown conversion from Apple Mail copied text.
- Fix: don’t show emoji completions in link address part ( http: triggers it)
- Fix: abbreviation navigation and refactoring was not implemented
- Fix: line markers generate for leaf elements only, performance improvement
- Fix: swing preview on linux not showing fixed pitch font for code
- Fix: Task list items now require indent at task item marker not item content, to match GitHub parsing rules. Indenting to content column treats children as inline code and child list items not separated by a blank line as lazy continuation lines.
- Fix: formatter for new task item indentation rules.
- Fix: remove
Replace File Content option from non-image target ref drop downs in paste/modify image dialog, and all link options from copy/drop image dialog and link drop/paste ref options dialog.
- Fix: #489, Paste Image does not create file if parent directory does not exist.
- Fix: #484, Open links in preview, not browser. Option added to preview settings to have page relative and repo relative links resolve to GitHub files when selected. When not selected they resolve to local project files.
- Fix: #486, Multi-line links do not preview correctly, when in
Line preview element highlight mode.
- Fix: #481, Will not allow me to crop beyond 200px, now limits are derived from the image dimensions and image operations.
- Fix: Update to latest flexmark-java supporting CommonMark Spec 0.28.
- Fix: TOC entries would exclude typographic characters when “text only” option was used with typographic parser extension enabled.
- Fix: HTML to Markdown not adding HTML comment between consecutive lists
- Fix: #479, Multi-line URL images are not converted in PDF export or Copy HTML Mime
- Add: Show “Apply all ‘…’” intention on any element option to allow showing file level intentions to be available on any element. Otherwise only shown on elements which they affect.
- Add: enable image intentions on multi-line URL image links
- Add: Code Folding option in settings for embedded image links
- Add: HTML generation options to convert image links to embedded images, with separate option for http:// and https:// image urls.
- Add: base64 embedded image display in Swing Preview browser
Base64 Encoded as a link format for pasted images and dropped files to the Paste Image dialog.
- Fix: base64 encode intention would keep path of url if it was present
- Fix: image reference links to references with base64 encoded images would show as unresolved
- Add: intentions to convert images to base64 encoding and vice-versa
- Fix: base64 encoded embedded images did not display in JavaFX preview
- Fix: preview navigation to links with anchor refs and line anchor refs
- Fix: dropping a file in a document appends
null string to the file name in error.
- Fix: #468, Move (refactoring) of .md files breaks links to sections in same file.
- Fix: reference paste with line ref anchor would always paste page relative format URL regardless of the link paste format (set with file copy drop action).
- Fix: diagnostics/713, tree view icon update before
FileManager has been initialized will to return markdown file type (without resolving sub-type).
- Add: Convert markdown to HTML intention for fenced code and indented code blocks.
- Fix: unresolved link references would be rendered in HTML instead of being treated as plain text. Broken by
Reference link map code.
- Fix: paste reference past end of line will insert spaces to caret column before inserting link.
- Fix: links from FQN references with spaces did not url encode the link.
- Fix: reference to link conversion for PhpStorm to truncate the reference at the
: since PhpStorm is not able to convert FQN strings with class method names.
- Add: use QualifiedNameProviders to resolve reference to link conversion.
- Add: logic to not convert qualified string to link when caret is inside inline code, fenced code or between two back-ticks.
- Fix: HTTP links with anchor refs should not highlight anchor links as unresolved.
- Add: paste of file reference with or without line number converted to paste of link with GitHub line ref anchor added if line number is part of the reference. This will insert/replace link.
- Fix: non-vcs projects links without a path would show unresolved even when files exist.
2.3.8 - Bug Fix Release
- Add: GitHub Line reference anchors in the form
L#-L# for line ranges. Now navigating to such an anchor in a project file will move the caret to the line and if second form is used select the lines.
- Add: with JavaFX browser clicking on task item box in preview toggles open/closed task status in source.
- Fix: image refs and image links to non-raw GitHub image files to show as warning. Only show warning for references not in raw when referenced by image refs.
- Add: Apply all ‘…’ in file intentions where these make sense.
- Add: intention to convert between typographic symbols and markdown smarts/quotes extension text.
HTML block deep parsing parser option to allow better handling of raw text tag parsing when they are not the first tag on the first line of the block.
- Add: split inline code class
line-spliced for code elements split across multiple lines not to appear as two inline code elements in preview.
- Fix: HTML generation with line source line highlighting when inline styling spans source lines
- Add: #74, Launching external URLs inside the browser, now
navigate to declaration opens url in browser, ftp or mail client depending on the link. Can also use line markers for navigation of these elements.
- Fix: parsing of lists in fixed 4 spaces mode would not allow last item to be loose
- Fix: reference to non-image but not used as image target warning not raw.
- Fix: exception when navigating next/previous table cells in editor without an associated virtual file.
- Fix: #461, TOC with HTML generated content causes exception if skipping heading levels
- Fix: #460, TOC options do not change default Heading level
- Fix: #459, PDF export does not resolve local ref anchors
- Fix: #456, Register r markdown code chunk prefix
- Fix: #453, Option to hide toolbar
- Fix: #454, Incorrect filename inspection error, weak warning now only for wiki link targets that contain spaces in resolved link.
- Fix: flexmark-java issue 109, image ref loosing title tag.
- Add: GitBook compatible include tags when
GitBook compatibility mode is enabled in
- Fix: Nested stub index exception in reference search
- Fix: breadcrumb tooltip of task items would be missing the task item marker
- Fix: completions broken on Windows
- Fix: document format erroneously creates column spans for some tables.
- Fix: diagnostics/531, line painter provider passed line number > document line count.
- Fix: diagnostics/498, highlight in preview causing exception
- Fix: diagnostics/497, flexmark-java lib erroneous assert failure
- Fix: #447, Exported HTML has unexpected CSS and JS URLs
- Fix: #445, there should no be default language injection in bare code chunks
- Add: handling of optional quotes for jekyll include tags. Either single
' or double
" quotes will be ignored if the file name is wrapped in them.
- Fix: API break with version 2016.2.3 by using EditorModificationUtil methods missing from that version.
- Fix: #444, Markdown Navigator 2.3.7 breaks paste of github checkout url
- Fix: #441, false positive typo annotation in header, caused by using IdentifierSplitter instead of TextSplitter to handle elements that can have references.
- Fix: #442, Image Paste in Windows always pastes absolute file:// regardless of selection
- Add: Insert table column on right actions and changed description of previous action to insert table column on left.
- Fix: exception when exporting PDF or Copy HTML Mime
- Fix: #440, Auto links should not appear in fenced code
- Add: #411, Network drives links are not resolved correctly, URI links outside of project now error highlighted if the file does not exist
- Add: #433, Support external links for the Link Map (eg. JIRA link), Reference to Link Map to allow creating automatic reference URLs from Reference IDs
General usage instructions
Install and get GitHub-like markdown with HTML preview and HTML text tabs for markdown text files.