Provides support for developing Google App Engine applications. Features include:
- Debug Java applications running in the Google cloud from inside IDEA.
- Code inspections for App Engine standard environment Java code.
- Run and debug applications on a local development server.
- Deploy to the App Engine standard and flexible environments.
Recent change notes
IMPORTANT: This plugin requires the use of Cloud SDK v 145.0.0 for correct execution of the local development server with the latest Java 8 SDK. Please run 'gcloud components update' from your shell to ensure you have the latest Cloud SDK release.
- Versioning fixed so that plugin works in IDEA 2017.2 EAP. (#1453)
- Environment variables in the App Engine standard local run configuration are now passed in to the dev server. (#1364)
- Environment variables configured in appengine-web.xml are now honored and passed in to the dev server. (#377)
- Added a checkbox to deploy all App Engine config files during service deployment. (#1346)
- Removed the Clear Datastore flag from the App Engine standard local development server configuration since the current version of the server doesn't support it. (#1345)
- Invalid Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on staging an App Engine standard app (#1316):
Unable to stage app: Cannot get the System Java Compiler. Please use a JDK, not a JRE.
Happy new year Cloud Tools for IntelliJ users! This year's first release is primarily a maintenance release. If you are having authentication problems using Cloud Source Repositories and our plugin, check out this possible solution.
Here is a list of the visible changes:
- Support for multiple cloud source repositories for a single GCP project. (#1024)
- App Engine initialization and region selection. (#1232)
- Stopping dev_appserver on Windows always fails with com.intellij.execution .ExecutionException. (#1215)
- New AE standard project wizard should generate web.xml with servlet 2.5. (#1194)
- Clear datastore checkbox for app engine standard local server does not work. (#1188)
- Don't show projects scheduled for deletion in the project selector. (#1119)
Visit our 17.2 Release Milestone for complete details.
- Expanded Google Cloud Tools menu item with various action shortcuts. (#1061)
- Check for minimum support Cloud SDK version. (#1051)
- Automatically create all relevant run configuration for App Engine Standard apps. (#1063)
- App Engine framework is now a child of Web framework in the new project wizard. (#1065)
- Unique deployment sources in application server deployment panel now appear as separate line items. (#821)
- Validation of invalid Cloud SDK paths on Windows. (#1091)
- Fixed issue with local development server debug mode when changes are made while the server is running. (#972)
- Better wording when the development server has an invalid Cloud SDK path. (#1043).
- Update run configuration names to be prefixed with 'Google ..' (#1021).
- Note we are changing the versioning scheme to YY.MM.i. We plan on a monthly release cadence to minimize the disruption of updates. Also notice we have dropped the 'Beta' label.
BE AWARE: The local App Engine development server is broken with the latest JDK 8 releases. (#920). This should be fixed with the next App Engine SDK release coming soon. Added
App Engine Standard Library importer in the Facet and Project wizard. (#866)
Standard App Engine apps using Java 8 language level will be notified to use language level 7 (#966) Changed
Updated run config labels and icons. (Cloud Debugger is now Stackdriver Debug) (#936) Fixed
Local Development server debug mode is fixed. (#928)
- Flex deployment broken on Windows 10. (#937)
- Cloud Debugger object inspector working again. (#929)
- Cloud Debugger snapshot timestamps causing NPE (#919)
[1.0-beta] - 2016-09-14 Added
- App Engine standard environment support (#767)
- Extra fields now available in the deployment config (#868)
General usage instructions
This is a Beta release of the Google Cloud Tools plugin for IntelliJ. It contains Cloud Repository integration (as a VCS provider), Cloud Debugger integration, and App Engine standard and flexible environment deployment support. Please look for or file new issues on github. More documentation about the plugin can be found here: https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/google-cloud-intellij/