Winstanley provides WDL language support to the IntelliJ IDEA IDE.
For the WDL language specification, see https://github.com/openwdl/wdl.
For a workflow engine runner which supports WDL, see https://github.com/broadinstitute/cromwell.
Recent change notes
- Highlight missing, misspelled, and extraneous inputs at call sites (WDL 1.0 only)
- Fixed an issue that caused variables named "version" to be incorrectly flagged as errors
- Allows "version 1.0" as a version alias of "version draft-3"
- Adds more nudges towards best practices
- Warnings on draft-2 / 1.0 differences
- Fixes an incorrect error highlight
- Bug fixes in draft 3 support
- Initial WDL Draft 3 support
- Go to declarations added from calls to tasks
- Go to declarations added from call outputs to calls
- More bug fixes
- Added support for optional-optional type parsing (eg Int??)
- Stopped error messages occurring for empty text ranges.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate closing braces to appear.
- Fixed a bug that failed reference-lookup for outputs referencing other outputs
- Added brace matching support.
- Added auto-commenting/uncommenting.
- Added foldable sections in the WDL editor.
- Added support for pair literals.
- Added undeclared value detection.
- Added "Go to declaration" (for declared variables only).
- Added support for if/then/else expression.
- Added support for "default=" and "true= false=" sections in command blocks.
- Updated the .wdl icon to be less offensive in IntelliJ's "default" theme.
- Allows multiple consecutive member or array accesses (eg 'foo = bar.out')