Products: IntelliJ IDEA
Vendor: Olivier Descout
Email: descout underscore olivier at yahoo dot fr
Allows the fast comparison of two directories or archive files (jar, zip, war... and also tar/gz) in IntelliJ IDEA, based on file contents.
See the online help bundled in the plugin for more information (complete plugin sources are also bundled for the IDEA plugin developers' convenience).
17 updates are hidden show all updates
Recent change notes:Made the plugin work for IDEA 13. Added memory optimization while comparing large binary files. Avoided OutOfMemoryError while comparing really huge binary files (above 300-500 GB).
General usage instructions:Execute the
Compare Directories... menu command, select two directories or zip/jar files containing files with the same file names and see the comparison results on the opened Compare Directories panel:
- Files and directories are shown depending on the differences in their contents: identical, different by blanks only, non-significantly different, different, left-only, right-only.
- Compared text file can be then edited within IDEA.
- Compared text file differences can be then viewed with the usual IDEA diff window.
- Compared class bytecode differences can be also viewed with the usual IDEA diff window.
- Files and directories can be copied from one side to the other.
You will find many more details in the bundled help pages.
- When a file has been renamed between 2 compared directories or archives and belongs to the same directory node, the left-only node and right-only node can be merged. Merged nodes can be split if necessary.
- In programming source files, differences in comments can be considered non-significant, to distinguish them from differences in programming instructions. See the non-signicantly diffs of the compare-directory settings dialog box to activate it.
Open Settings > Plugins
Find the "Compare Directories" plugin in the available plugins list, right click on it and choose install
Note: the latest plugin versions require
Idea 7 or more.