Recent change notes
This plugin performs translations in Editor window from one language to another. It uses
"translate.google.com" service behind the scene.
Plugin is especially convenient when you are trying to translate long i18n.property
files in your project for different languages.
Plugin adds "Translate" item into popup menu for the editor (also, in "Code" menu and
"Generate" group). It also have separate configuration screen for selecting "from"
and "to" languages.
How to use
- Select the part to be translated;
- Select "Translate" item from the editor popup menu;
- "translate.google.com" web site will perform actual translation;
- Response from the service will be inserted in place of selection.
- Adjusting changes in Google translate service for countries list and translation function.
- Adjusting changes in Google translate service for countries list.
- Migrating to IDEA 9.
- Adjusting changes in IDEA how it works now with proxies.
- Adjusting changes in Google translate service.
- Downgrading java version to 1.5 (to be compatible for Mac users).
- Fixed bug for Arabic language.
- Added Translation Preview feature. Select the text for preview and then intention icon will appear. Or press
"Alt-Enter" key combination to force the intention. Another way is to click on "Translation Preview" item
in editor pop-up.
- Removed deprecated code.
- It works now with the latest version of Intellij IDEA 7 (Selena; build 7118)..
- Initial Release.
General usage instructions
How to use
1. Select the part to be translated;
2. Select "Translate" item from popup menu;
3. "translate.google.com" web site will perform actual translation;
4. Response from the service will be inserted in place of selection.
Author: Alexander Shvets (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org).