The Realigner plugin adds three tools for reformatting text:
- Join (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+J) - Removes newlines from selected lines, optionally joining them using a "glue" string.
- Split (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+L)- Replaces arbitrary strings with newlines.*
- Wrap / Unwrap (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+W) - Adds or removes a prefix- and postfix- string to a selection, the current line or each of multiple selected lines. Frequently used wraps can be stored via the plugin settings.
*Splitting with an empty delimiter and w/o selection inserts a newline at the soft-wrap boundary.
Realigner is helpful e.g. for:
- Reformatting lines into comma-separated lists
- Converting lists into lines
- Breaking up long URLs for easier analysis
- Quickly commenting-out multiple lines of code even if that particular language is not supported
- Quickly un-commenting lines of code even if that particular language is not supported
- Commenting-out / un-commenting using keyboards with layouts not compliant to the keyboard shortcuts for the similar in-built function
- Reformatting long lines to wrap at the soft-wrap boundary (120 chars)
Please note: This plugin is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
The icons used in this plugin are part of the Fugue iconset (http://p.yusukekamiyamane.com/)