By taking part in the Contest you accept these terms and conditions:
This Contest (the "Contest") is organized by JetBrains s.r.o., Na hrebenech II 1718/10, Prague 4, 14700,
The Contest is an activity aimed at encouraging the development of innovative and creative plugins for
- (A) The Contest begins on October 6, 2016 and ends on December 6, 2016.
- (B) Plugins submitted or completed before the start date or after the end date will be
- (C) Winners will be individually notified by e-mail, and the list of winners will be announced
on December 15, 2016.
The Contest is open to software development enthusiasts who are 18 years of age or older at the time of
entry. The Contest is void where prohibited by applicable law. The following categories of people are NOT
eligible to enter the Contest:
- (A) Employees of JetBrains s.r.o and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and resellers.; and
- (B) Their immediate family members and/or persons living in the same households.
- (A) A Plugin submitted for judging ("Entry") must be a functional plugin for TeamCity, compliant with at least TeamCity 10.0.
- (B) You may submit an entirely new plugin, or one that already exists in the list of TeamCity
plugins. For an existing plugin, you should extend its functionality, and your Entry will be judged solely
on the newly added functionality.
- (C) You may submit multiple plugins. Each will be judged as a separate Entry.
- (D) The Plugin developer(s) ("Entrant") will be required to register with Organizer via the
Contest website. The Entry's interface may be localized in the Entrant's preferred language; however, it must be
accompanied by an English transcript of the instructions and interface for English-speaking judges.
- (E) An Entry must be created by you, either alone or in collaboration with others whom you
choose (singly and collectively referred to as the "Entrant"). Submitting an Entry constitutes representation
that the Entrant has all unrestricted rights to the Entry, and that the Entry does not defame or invade
publicity rights or privacy of any person, or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any
person or entity.
- (F) Every Entry must be submitted under a Berkeley Standard Distribution (BSD) open source
license, MIT open source license or an Apache open source license.
- (G) You must submit your Entry online by following the instructions listed in the submission
guidelines to be eligible for entry.
- LICENSE GRANT
By submitting an Entry and entering this Contest, you hereby grant Organizer perpetual, irrevocable,
sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty- free rights to use, test, translate, publish, and distribute your Plugin
in connection with the promotion of JetBrains s.r.o. Further, none of the Entry materials submitted by you
will be treated as confidential, so please do not submit proprietary information.
Organizer shall be free to use for any purpose, without the obligation to pay any royalties, any
information, ideas, concepts or know-how which may be retained in the memory of the judges or persons who
have had access to the Plugins.
All eligible Plugins will be judged and ranked by Organizer at their sole discretion.
- 1-year subscription for any JetBrains personal (individual customer) product selected by Entrant for each Entrant who submits a valid plugin. A valid plugin means that it should meet the following criteria: a) it should be working; b) it should be compatible with TeamCity; c) it should not duplicate existing functionality or existing plugins without considerable enhancements in quality; d) it should have at least minimal value to users; e) there should be noticeable commits to the plugin during the period of the Contest; and f) the author is the main contributor to the plugin, with the majority of the commits. Organizer reserves the right to decide at its own discretion whether these criteria have been met.
- First Prize:
$3,000 Amazon gift certificate
- Second Prize:
$2,000 Amazon gift certificate
- Third Prize:
$1,000 Amazon gift certificate
- TeamCity developers team special prize:
Trip to a JetBrains office in St. Petersburg (Russia) or Munich (Germany). Organizer shall reimburse travel expenses including travel fares and accommodation for two nights:
- (A) Airfare — Winner is expected to obtain the lowest available airfare that reasonably meets travel needs. No First Class airfares are eligible for reimbursement.
- (B) Bus or train — All fare categories are eligible for reimbursement.
- (C) Accommodation — Two nights in any hotel up to 4* shall be eligible for reimbursement.
- People’s Choice Award:
- (A) 1-year All Products Pack subscription; and
- (B) A winner of People’s Choice Award will be determined by the number of user votes collected via the Contest website. Suspicions of voting abuse (for example more than 1 vote from each IP address) will lead to the Entrant disqualification.
- TERMS OF PRIZE AWARDS
- All prize values (cash and licenses) are in U.S. Dollars. All prizes subject to standard
conditions governing such prize, if any. Organizer reserves the right to substitute any prize
another prize of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised prize (or any component
not available. In the event of a tie, each winner will receive a prize of equal value. Expenses
specifically stated above, together with the reporting and payment of all applicable taxes,
or governmental duties of any kind, if any, arising out of or related to acceptance or use of a
the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize. Organizer reserves the right to retain any
withholdings applicable to relevant legislation.
- Each prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a signed
copy of the Terms and Conditions, and/or a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited by law) and
provide any additional information (such as social security number), that may be required for Organizer to
comply with applicable law. Failure to provide, or a delay in providing, such requested information or
approvals may result in disqualification. Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable, or the
inability to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Organizer reserves the right to request from prize winner necessary documents required by
- The prize draw is open to residents of all countries with the exception of Cuba, Iran,
North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION
Prize winners will be notified on or before December 15, 2016 via e-mail or post. A winners list will also
be posted on Organizer's website(s) and may be publicized by other means at Organizer's discretion.
By submitting an Entry and entering the Contest, you grant Organizer permission to publish your name and
your country residence in any and all publicity regarding the outcome of the Contest, published in any
medium, in the event that you win one of the prizes.
- Organizer may discontinue, cancel or reschedule the Contest, for any reason or no reason,
at its sole discretion.
- In case any event prevents or hinders Organizer's administration of the Contest or
Organizer's ability to deliver the prize(s) to the prize winner(s), Organizer may, at its sole discretion, cancel
the Contest and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
- Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of
the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, or for any technical error that may
occur in the course of the administration of this Contest. Organizer assumes no responsibility for any
error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line
failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries.
- YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST AT YOUR OWN RISK. ORGANIZER HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTEST. ORGANIZER SHALL NOT BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO
PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST. Organizer assumes no responsibility for any computer, online, telephone
transmission or technical malfunctions that may occur during participation in the Contest, or for theft,
destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, your Plugin or any other materials submitted by you.
Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users,
Contest participants or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest;
or for any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Contest.
Organizer assumes no responsibility for any error, interruption, defect, or delay in operation or transmission,
failures or technical malfunction of the Internet, or any telephone network or lines, computer online
systems, servers, computer equipment, software, or email. Organizer is not responsible for any injury or damage
to participants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading
materials in this Contest. Some jurisdictions may not allow certain limitations on liability and so the foregoing
limitations may not apply to you.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, Organizer will not be liable for any injury,
damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a
result of any person entering into the Contest or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation
non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.
- The Contest and these terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Czech Republic.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the final, complete and exclusive understanding
between Organizer and Entrant with respect to Entrant's participation in the Contest, and supersede any
prior or contemporaneous representations, rules, or agreements, whether written or oral.