Markdown Navigator 2.0
Markdown language support for IntelliJ platform
A Markdown plugin with GFM and a matching preview style.
Document with pleasure!
Work with Markdown files like you do with other languages in the IDE, by getting full support for:
- completions to reduce typing
- link address ⇐ files
- ref anchors ⇐ headings
- footnote refs ⇐ footnotes
- ref links/ref images ⇐ references
- link text ⇐ ref anchor/link address
- error and warning annotations to help catch mistakes early
- intention actions for fast results with less effort
- wrap on typing to keep it nicely formatted as you edit
- formatting to change format with a key stroke
- navigation and find usages to find references without effort
- refactoring of all referencing elements: to keep it all in sync while evolving
- files ⟺ links
- headings ⟺ ref anchors
- footnotes ⟺ footnote refs
- references ⟺ ref links/ref images
- GitHub style rendering that you are used to, out of the box
- Fast typing response for distraction free editing
- Fully customizable to adjust to your project’s needs and your preferences
- Copy Markdown as JIRA, YouTrack or HTML formatted text or export as HTML
- Convert HTML content to Markdown by pasting it into a Markdown document.
- Split Editor
- Fast typing response in large files
- HTML text preview and export
- Soft Wrap on right margin
- Format with code style:
- Multi-byte support with mixed character width
- Table justification
- Wrap on typing auto format of element
- Renumbering of list items
- Bidirectional Source and Preview synchronization
- Scrolls preview to show source element at caret
- Moves caret to source line of element clicked in preview
- Also does completions, refactoring, validation, language injections, code folding
- Fully configurable by project with support for scopes
- Understands GitHub wiki nuances
- Conversion between HTML and Markdown
Recent change notes
2.3.2 - Compatibility & Bug Fix Release
- Add: #385, toolbar button tooltips to show reason for button being disabled.
- Fix: #384, Add block quote level on ATX heading looses the heading prefix
- Fix: Markdown list indentation format conversion would loose blank lines.
- Fix: HTML to Markdown intention would only take the opening inline HTML tag
- Fix: #383, Absolute
http:// links to wiki pages do not resolve to files
- Fix: #382, JavaFX Preview is using project settings for Zoom and Grey Scale Antialiasing instead of scoped rendering profile
- Fix: update to flexmark-java 0.14.0 with typographic quotes and smarts conversion
- Fix: #379, HTML block content indent doubling on document format
- Fix: #378, Leading spaces on reference definition after the first would cause the reference to be processed as text.
- Fix: copy markdown as html to use the current file’s rendering profile as the parent for COPY_HTML_MIME so that any settings not marked as overriding project settings will be as per rendering profile for the file.
- Fix: typing a character right after a list item marker would sometimes insert a space after the character.
- Change: #380, Sorting of non-rendering elements should not be case sensitive
- Add: annotation and quick fix for GitHub Doc parsing issue of
- [ ] [reference] being interpreted as
- [ ][reference] which is a list item with a link reference with explicit link text of a space.
- Add: #377, Add Format conversion between list indentation types for files.
- Fix: #376, HTML to Markdown converter does not handle pre tags with inner span tags. HTML to Markdown to properly handle conversion to fenced code when HTML consists of
<pre> and content is
<span>’s with color and highlighting information.
General usage instructions
Install and get GitHub-like markdown with HTML preview and HTML text tabs for markdown text files.