Illuminated Cloud brings the modern feature set of JetBrains' powerful IntelliJ IDEA and
WebStorm IDEs to Salesforce development. Illuminated Cloud not only saves you time with its
intelligent auto-completion for all Salesforce programming languages and metadata types, but it
also recognizes issues in your code and offers suggestions for how to correct them. With
Illuminated Cloud's refactoring capabilities, you'll be able to own and evolve your
Salesforce code base like never before.
Illuminated Cloud provides full support for both traditional and Salesforce DX development
models, allowing you to flow seamlessly between the two models in a single tool. Because Illuminated Cloud
extends JetBrains' powerful IDEs, you can leverage their extensive capabilities including best-in-class Web
application development features (IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition and WebStorm), seamless version control
integration, and first-class integrations with task management and bug tracking systems.
Illuminated Cloud dramatically simplifies development and deployment of Apex, Visualforce,
Lightning, and other Salesforce metadata types with modern IDE features such as:
- Intelligent Code Completion and Time-Saving Live Templates
- Extensive Source Code Navigation and Cross-Referencing
- Code Inspections and Intentions
- Intelligent Source Code Generation
- Content Type-Aware Static Resource Management and Static Resource Bundles
- Integrated API Documentation and ApexDoc Support
- Configurable Source Code Formatters
- Template-Based Source File Creation
- Full Salesforce DX Support
- Offline Apex Debugger
- Integrated Apex Unit Test Execution and Code Coverage Analysis
- Anonymous Apex/SOQL Query Execution and Apex Log Viewer
- Powerful Connection Management
- Offline Symbol Table Generation
- Flexible and Efficient Metadata Management
Recent change notes
Issue 991 - Fixed an OST generation issue that could occur in orgs with more than 2000 custom classes that don't also exist in the local project.
Issue 1031 - Fixed an issue that would cause the deployment/retrieval dialog to omit all but one entry for metadata types that encountered an issue when queried in conjunction with other metadata types. This issue was manifesting most often with CustomMetadata and WebLink metadata.
Issue 1103 - Tabbed editors for Lightning bundles no longer preclude access to non-bundle content files such as Jest tests. Note that such files will still cause issues during deployment in non-SFDX projects.
Issue 1104 - Another prospective fix for the issue with a stale tab modified indicator. Now the editor/filesystem state is checked/synchronized after every save to the local filesystem. Initial feedback from users for this fix seems to be positive, so fingers crossed that this takes care of it!
Issue 1119 - Fixed an issue with SObject fields in the OST when working against an org with an unmapped namespace where the field names wouldn't properly include the namespace prefix.