Illuminated Cloud brings the modern feature set of JetBrains' powerful IntelliJ IDEA and
WebStorm IDEs to Salesforce development. Illuminated Cloud not only saves you time with its
intelligent auto-completion for all Salesforce programming languages and metadata types, but it
also recognizes issues in your code and offers suggestions for how to correct them. With
Illuminated Cloud's refactoring capabilities, you'll be able to own and evolve your
Salesforce code base like never before.
Illuminated Cloud provides full support for both traditional and Salesforce DX development
models, allowing you to flow seamlessly between the two models in a single tool. Because Illuminated Cloud
extends JetBrains' powerful IDEs, you can leverage their extensive capabilities including best-in-class Web
application development features (IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate Edition and WebStorm), seamless version control
integration, and first-class integrations with task management and bug tracking systems.
Illuminated Cloud dramatically simplifies development and deployment of Apex, Visualforce,
Lightning, and other Salesforce metadata types with modern IDE features such as:
- Intelligent Code Completion and Time-Saving Live Templates
- Extensive Source Code Navigation and Cross-Referencing
- Code Inspections and Intentions
- Intelligent Source Code Generation
- Content Type-Aware Static Resource Management and Static Resource Bundles
- Integrated API Documentation and ApexDoc Support
- Configurable Source Code Formatters
- Template-Based Source File Creation
- Full Salesforce DX Support
- Offline Apex Debugger
- Integrated Apex Unit Test Execution and Code Coverage Analysis
- Anonymous Apex/SOQL Query Execution and Apex Log Viewer
- Powerful Connection Management
- Offline Symbol Table Generation
- Flexible and Efficient Metadata Management
Recent change notes
Issue 1148 - Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect references to be injected into method invocations when the arguments closely match overloaded method signatures.
Issue 1158 - Added support for Knowledge objects in the OST. If you have been affected by this issue, you will need to regenerate at least the SObjects portion of your OST after taking this update.
Issue 1162 - Fixed an issue with the Incomplete Concrete Implementation code inspection when an interface method is implemented via an inheritance relationship.
Fixed an issue that caused substitution rules to be applied to binary files in some cases. This may be a actual fix for issue 865 as well.
Integrated JSON schema definitions for sfdx-project.json and project-scratch-def.json files. Code completion, validation, and integrated documentation should now be available in these files.
Fixed an issue with the new generated SObject field header documentation if the source data contained a block comment ending (*/). If you have been affected by this issue, you will need to regenerate at least the SObjects portion of your OST after taking this update.