The plugin allows the user to view the content of a file which could be on a different computer.
The file's content is presented to the user in a console as the file grows.
In this way the user can monitor a log file in a test or production environment,
and if the project's sources are synchronized with the deployed application the user can navigate
classes by clicking the stack traces in the console.
The user can configure alarms for the console so he is warned when a new info/warning/error is added and
he doesn't need to keep an eye on the console.
Initially the plugin supports SSH but it is developed in a way that it can be easily extended to support
other protocols, like Telnet.
Recent change notes
- Experimental Telnet support.
- Kills the tail process on exit.
- Public key authentication added.
- Browse remote file system for choosing file path.
- Refactoring and javadoc comments.
- Compatibility with Idea 5.1.2.
- Buffer size and audio clip added to configuration.