Ant Debugger enables Apache Ant build script debugging:
- Open build file in editor
- Set debug breakpoints (screenshot 1)
- Right click on editor to show context menu (screenshot 2) and select the "Debug" menu item to launch Ant debugger
- Wait until the Ant debugger stops on breakpoint then use step or resume debugger commands, investigate Ant variables and execution stack (screenshot 3)
You can add Ant debug configuration from the Edit configurations dialog (screenshot 4). Then you select Ant file, Java SDK for debugging session (screenshot 5).
Note. Plugin requires Java SDK to launch Ant: plugin uses build file module, project or any SDK for JDK list (the plugin searches for Java SDK in this order and uses first found).
Installation: use IDEA plugins manager:
- Open Settings > plugins
- Wait until the plugin list loads
- Right-click on Ant Debugger plugin and select install / update from the context menu
- Restart IDEA
Supported IDEA versions: IDEA 13.x (Community and Ultimate Editions).
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or post an issue on GitHub if there are errors / problems when using Ant debugger
See https://github.com/opticyclic/antdebugger/ for v1.2.0+ and http://handyedit.com/antdebugger.html for earlier versions.
Recent change notes
Ant Debugger For Intellij IDEA v13