Dec 27, 2015
Small plugin for formatting text blocks that represents a table delimited by pipe (|). For example, can be used to format JBehave examples table.
Supported delimiters: pipe, comma, tab. When formatting, any of supported delimiters are replaced with pipe.
Select text in the editor or place caret inside a table and choose action "Pipe Table" -> "Format" in Code menu or in editor popup menu.
Recent change notes
- Preserves comment in row commented out with "|--"
- Format Without Outer Pipes action is replaced with Format Preserving Outer State - it preserves indentation and presence/absence of leading/trailing pipes
- Pipe is treated as primary delimiter - if table contains pipe any other delimiter is ignored
- Format All Tables action formats only tables delimited with pipe, ignoring tables delimited with comma and tabulation
- New action: format all tables in the text
- New action: format table without outer pipes
- Pipe Table actions are added to editor popup menu
- New action: add column
- New action: auto-select table without formatting
- Bug fixes
- Fixed bug: plugin crashed when column has zero width (no values in the column)
- Don't mix delimiters when detecting and parsing table, i.e. if table delimiter is pipe then comma is not treated as a delimiter.
- Support for tab delimiter
- Autoselect table around caret position
- Support for comma delimited tables (converting to pipe delimited)
- Support for quoted values
- Formatting pipe delimited table to human readable representation