Illuminated Cloud is a powerful Salesforce development tool hosted within JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA.
Illuminated Cloud was designed and implemented with the express intent of bringing the beloved feature set of modern Java IDEs
to Salesforce developers. Because Illuminated Cloud is hosted within IntelliJ IDEA—both Community Edition and Ultimate Edition
are supported—users are also able to leverage IDEA's extensive core feature set for Salesforce development including its powerful
source code editors, polyglot language support for composite applications, and tight integrations with version control, task
management, and bug tracking systems.
Illuminated Cloud dramatically simplifies development and deployment of Apex, Visualforce, Lightning
and other Salesforce metadata types with modern IDE features such as:
- Support for both traditional and Salesforce DX projects
- Intelligent context-sensitive code completion and live templates
- Extensive code navigation and cross-referencing
- Integrated API documentation
- ApexDoc support including auto-generation of header comments, tag and symbol completion, syntax highlighting, and quick doc rendering
- Content type-aware static resource management and static resource bundle support
- Template-based source file creation
- Highly-configurable source code formatter
- Integrated Apex unit test execution and code coverage metrics
- Source code validation and deployment
- Powerful Salesforce connection management
- Flexible and efficient metadata deployment, retrieval, and delete actions
- Anonymous Apex and SOQL query execution
- Integrated log viewer
- Offline Apex debugger
Recent change notes
Issue 1132 - Winter '19/API 44.0 updates:
API client updated to v44.0 and 44.0 available as a selectable version for configured connections.
Parsers, code completion, syntax highlighting, etc., updated for the following:
@AuraEnabled annotation Cacheable attribute.
inherited sharing sharing model.
SOSL USING LISTVIEW= clause.
Visualforce IMAGEPROXYURL function.
Visualforce $IFrameResource global variable.
Updated all affected bundled frameworks and libraries:
Lightning standard component library XSDs for all new and updated components.
SLDS to 2.7.4.
Integrated API docs - standard Lightning component docs are now based on the component reference library.
NOTE: I have not yet added support for Winter '19's new scratch org settings. I will be adding support for this in the scratch org creation wizard very soon, though.
NOTE: Due to additions and changes to Apex system types, you will be prompted to update the OST for each project when it is opened for the first time after this update. It is recommended that you perform this update, minimally for system classes and ideally also for SObject types. If you find that expected Winter '19 types are incorrect in the OST, please regenerate the OST before reporting issues. If issues remain after an OST update, please report them via the public issue tracker and they'll be resolved in short order.