Illuminated Cloud is a powerful Salesforce development tool hosted within JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA.
Illuminated Cloud was designed and implemented with the express intent of bringing the beloved feature set of modern Java IDEs
to Salesforce developers. Because Illuminated Cloud is hosted within IntelliJ IDEA—both Community Edition and Ultimate Edition
are supported—users are also able to leverage IDEA's extensive core feature set for Salesforce development including its powerful
source code editors, polyglot language support for composite applications, and tight integrations with version control, task
management, and bug tracking systems.
Illuminated Cloud dramatically simplifies development and deployment of Apex, Visualforce, Lightning
and other Salesforce metadata types with modern IDE features such as:
- Support for both traditional and Salesforce DX projects
- Intelligent context-sensitive code completion and live templates
- Extensive code navigation and cross-referencing
- Integrated API documentation
- ApexDoc support including auto-generation of header comments, tag and symbol completion, syntax highlighting, and quick doc rendering
- Content type-aware static resource management and static resource bundle support
- Template-based source file creation
- Highly-configurable source code formatter
- Integrated Apex unit test execution and code coverage metrics
- Source code validation and deployment
- Powerful Salesforce connection management
- Flexible and efficient metadata deployment, retrieval, and delete actions
- Anonymous Apex and SOQL query execution
- Integrated log viewer
- Offline Apex debugger
Recent change notes
Issue 686 - Restructured the way that coverage data is loaded from the Salesforce org for display in the IDE to avoid concurrency/re-entrancy issues. If you see any issues with coverage relating to this change, whether a regression to previous working behavior or a recurrence of the process storm issue that this is intended to put to rest, let me know.
Issue 787 - When opening the Log Viewer from an SFDX project, sometimes the wrong connection would be selected initially. Now the SFDX project's scratch org connection should be the initial selection.
Issues 851 and 987 - Fixed an issue that could occur when there are multiple SObject types with the same name but different namespaces. Things should complete and resolve properly now when this is the case.
Issue 973 - Evidently the way I'd expressed dependencies between the two inheritance-related indices wasn't correct. I've updated the link between them and this problem finally seems to be resolved. If you see further issues with proper linking of inheritance relationships in the IDE after this build, please let me know.
Issue 1010 - Fixed an issue with reference injection from Visualforce/Lightning to Apex controller methods.
Issue 1011 - Fixed an issue with code completions against inner types not inserting the properly-qualified name based on the insertion context.
Issue 1018 - Fixed an issue that would occur when the Log Viewer table is sorted and the wrong log would be loaded when selected.
Issue 1021 - Fixed an issue with expression type inference for nested arrays or arrays as type parameters of lists.
Fixed an issue that would cause deployment errors reported against files with spaces in their names, e.g., layout metadata, not to hyperlink properly in the Messages view.