Markdown Navigator 2.0
Markdown language support for IntelliJ platform
A Markdown plugin with GFM and a matching preview style.
Get Markdown Navigator enhanced edition to unlock all productivity features.
Document with pleasure!
Work with Markdown files like you do with other languages in the IDE, by getting full support for:
- Paste images into documents for fast screen capture links
- Drag & Drop files and images for fast link insertion
- Formatting to cleanup documents with a key stroke
- Navigation and Find Usages to find references without effort
- Copy Markdown as JIRA, YouTrack or HTML formatted text
- Convert HTML to Markdown by pasting it into a Markdown document.
- Export to HTML or PDF to share with others
- Refactoring of all referencing elements:
- files ⟺ links
- headings ⟺ ref anchors
- footnotes ⟺ footnote refs
- references ⟺ ref links/ref images
- Completions to reduce typing:
- link address ⇐ files
- ref anchors ⇐ headings
- footnote refs ⇐ footnotes
- ref links/ref images ⇐ references
- link text ⇐ ref anchor/link address
- Error and Warning annotations to help catch mistakes early
- Intention actions for fast results with less effort
- Wrap on Typing to keep it nicely formatted as you edit
- GitHub style rendering that you are used to, out of the box
- Fast typing response for distraction free editing
- Fully customizable to adjust to your preferences and project needs
Recent change notes
2.3.5 - Bug Fix & Enhancement Release
- Fix: #420, java.lang.IllegalStateException: node.treeNext must not be null
- Fix: do not un-escape HTML entities in HTML, let the browser handle that.
- Fix: #419, Bread crumbs broken when running in 2017.1
- Fix: licensed features highlight now full balloon notification.
- Fix: detection when containing file and target file of a link are not under the same VCS root when the containing file is in a sub-directory of target VCS root but has its own root.
- Fix: #416, NPE version 2.3.4 (w/license)
- Fix: #415, Setting default right margin in code style markdown settings disables wrapping
- Fix: #414, Exception when starting IDEA
- Fix: do not hide wrap on typing and table auto format buttons even when these are disabled.
- Fix: drag/drop image files should only show copy dialog if no drop action information or it is a drop copy action
- Add: plugin exception reporting to
vladsch.com without effort.
- Fix: wiki to main repo links would not resolve. Erroneously treated two vcs repos as separate.
- Fix: clipboard mime text/html now has higher priority than file list and image on the clipboard.
- Add: operation options for non-image drop/paste file based on caret location
Copy Modified Image to Clipboard in Copy/Paste Image Dialog to replace clipboard image contents with modified image, can use it to replace image on clipboard then Cancel dialog to not modify the Markdown document but still have the modified image on the clipboard.
- Add: Copy/Modify Image intention that will open the Image Copy/Paste Dialog for the image content of a link element at caret position. Works with local files and URLs. Get the option to change directory, file name and modify the image.
https:// addresses to project files would be ignored due to a typo in the code.
- Fix: update to flexmark-java 18.2, HTML to Markdown hang fix and MS-Word and MS-Excel HTML quirks handling fixed.
- Fix: link resolution logic to work for multi-vcs-root projects and modules not under project root.
- Fix: update to flexmark-java 18.1, HTML to Markdown adds space after empty list items.
- Add: Markdown application settings for:
Use clipboard text/html content when available disabled by default, enabling it will allow pasting text/html when available
Convert HTML content to Markdown enabled by default, disabling will paste text/html content without conversion to Markdown
Delete empty list items intention on lists to delete all empty list items
- Fix: HTML to Markdown converter to not ignore text in lists which is not included in list item but instead to put this text into a new list item.
- Add: aside extension which uses leading pipe
| to mark an aside block just like block quote uses leading greater than
> to mark a block quote element
- Add: pasting file list into markdown document inserts links the same as dropping files with copy action.
- Add: confirmation dialog when original markdown file is going to be overwritten with transformed content when pasting file list or drag and dropping files.
- Fix: absolute
http://..../wiki link to wiki home page would to resolve as a file reference.
- Fix: drag/drop wiki page files would ignore link address format and always insert page relative link.
- Fix: style auto wrapping when caret at end of word that is at end of file without trailing EOL.
- Add: future API for drag/drop handling code to eliminate the need for replacing editor drag/drop handler.
- Add: highlight selection in preview,
Show source selection in preview enabled by default. Wraps selection in
- Add: #399, Highlight search results in preview,
Show source search highlights in preview enabled by default. Wraps highlights in
- Fix: text drag/drop not working because of MarkdownPasteHandler
- Add: option to enable drag/drop handler replacement to allow “Copy” extended file drag/drop action at the expense of text drag/drop. Disabled by default in settings
Languages & Frameworks > Markdown
- Fix: loosen/tighten list action to not mark a list as loose when blank line precedes the first list item.
- Fix: #404, Conversion from CommonMark or FixedIndent to GitHub does not properly indent code blocks in list items
- Fix: #403, Indented code in list items not indented enough with GitHub list parser option
- Change: link color in Preview and Editor Colors to match new GitHub colors
- Fix: #400, Better code color consistency needed. Now same as Fenced Code/Verbatim. Also change copy Markdown as HTML formatted text and PDF export to align inline code color with indented and fenced code.
- Fix: #398, Poor alignment between source and preview when using “Sync source to preview”. Now there is an option to vertically align synchronized position in Preview Settings, selected by default.
- Fix: #402, PDF Export action fails silently if no text is selected in document instead of exporting the full document.
General usage instructions
Install and get GitHub-like markdown with HTML preview and HTML text tabs for markdown text files.