Markdown Navigator 2.0
Markdown language support for IntelliJ platform
A Markdown plugin with GFM and a matching preview style.
Get Markdown Navigator enhanced edition to unlock all productivity features.
Document with pleasure!
Work with Markdown files like you do with other languages in the IDE, by getting full support for:
- Paste images into documents for fast screen capture links
- Drag & Drop files and images for fast link insertion
- Formatting to cleanup documents with a key stroke
- Navigation and Find Usages to find references without effort
- Copy Markdown as JIRA, YouTrack or HTML formatted text
- Convert HTML to Markdown by pasting it into a Markdown document.
- Export to HTML or PDF to share with others
- Refactoring of all referencing elements:
- files ⟺ links
- headings ⟺ ref anchors
- footnotes ⟺ footnote refs
- references ⟺ ref links/ref images
- Completions to reduce typing:
- link address ⇐ files
- ref anchors ⇐ headings
- footnote refs ⇐ footnotes
- ref links/ref images ⇐ references
- link text ⇐ ref anchor/link address
- Error and Warning annotations to help catch mistakes early
- Intention actions for fast results with less effort
- Wrap on Typing to keep it nicely formatted as you edit
- GitHub style rendering that you are used to, out of the box
- Fast typing response for distraction free editing
- Fully customizable to adjust to your preferences and project needs
Recent change notes
2.3.7 - Bug Fix Release
- Fix: parser erroneously processing escape
\ is encountered in fenced code and causing a parsing exception.
2.3.6 - Bug Fix & Enhancement Release
- Fix: intermittent index out of bounds exception if document is edited after parsing but before AST is built.
- Fix: #438, Markdown Syntax Change looses TOC element in source
- Add: annotation to detect when list syntax is set to GitHub
- Fix: #432, Add a way to disable the startup notification
- Fix: #436, Header link results in bad Table of Contents entry formatting
- Fix: #411, Network drives links are not resolved correctly, for
file:// which is outside the project and any module directory structure.
- Fix: NPE in settings under rare conditions
- Fix: assertion failure in settings under rare timing conditions
- Fix: paste NPE when pasting into link with empty address
- Fix: drag/drop without copy modifier of image files uses last non-image link format instead of last used image link format.
- Fix: diagnostic id:208, invalid virtual file in line painter
- Add: option to break definition list on two or more blank lines
- Fix: #428, Lack of encoding declaration when exporting in html
- Add: Global page zoom for JavaFX preview in application settings so that project preview zoom does not need to be changed when project is opened on a machine with different HIDPI. Now can leave project zoom to 1.00 and change global zoom to desired value.
- Fix: #426, Cannot add images from clipboard or drag and drop under Windows
- Fix: Setext heading to not show heading id on marker line
- Add: #425, Add Heading anchor ID display in editor
- Fix: #424, NoClassDefFoundError in WS 2017.1
- Fix: #421, NoSuchFieldError on startup after upgrading plugin on IDEs version 2016.1
- Fix: image link from non-wiki page to image in wiki would show as unresolved by annotator when it was resolved by line marker and preview.
General usage instructions
Install and get GitHub-like markdown with HTML preview and HTML text tabs for markdown text files.