Markdown Navigator 2.0
Markdown language support for IntelliJ platform
A Markdown plugin with GFM and a matching preview style.
Get Markdown Navigator enhanced edition to unlock all productivity features.
Document with pleasure!
Work with Markdown files like you do with other languages in the IDE, by getting full support for:
- Paste images into documents for fast screen capture links
- Drag & Drop files and images for fast link insertion
- Formatting to cleanup documents with a key stroke
- Navigation and Find Usages to find references without effort
- Copy Markdown as JIRA, YouTrack or HTML formatted text
- Convert HTML to Markdown by pasting it into a Markdown document.
- Export to HTML or PDF to share with others
- Refactoring of all referencing elements:
- files ⟺ links
- headings ⟺ ref anchors
- footnotes ⟺ footnote refs
- references ⟺ ref links/ref images
- Completions to reduce typing:
- link address ⇐ files
- ref anchors ⇐ headings
- footnote refs ⇐ footnotes
- ref links/ref images ⇐ references
- link text ⇐ ref anchor/link address
- Error and Warning annotations to help catch mistakes early
- Intention actions for fast results with less effort
- Wrap on Typing to keep it nicely formatted as you edit
- GitHub style rendering that you are used to, out of the box
- Fast typing response for distraction free editing
- Fully customizable to adjust to your preferences and project needs
Recent change notes
2.3.8 - Bug Fix Release
- Add: GitHub Line reference anchors in the form
L#-L# for line ranges. Now navigating to such an anchor in a project file will move the caret to the line and if second form is used select the lines.
- Add: with JavaFX browser clicking on task item box in preview toggles open/closed task status in source.
- Fix: image refs and image links to non-raw GitHub image files to show as warning. Only show warning for references not in raw when referenced by image refs.
- Add: Apply all ‘…’ in file intentions where these make sense.
- Add: intention to convert between typographic symbols and markdown smarts/quotes extension text.
HTML block deep parsing parser option to allow better handling of raw text tag parsing when they are not the first tag on the first line of the block.
- Add: split inline code class
line-spliced for code elements split across multiple lines not to appear as two inline code elements in preview.
- Fix: HTML generation with line source line highlighting when inline styling spans source lines
- Add: #74, Launching external URLs inside the browser, now
navigate to declaration opens url in browser, ftp or mail client depending on the link. Can also use line markers for navigation of these elements.
- Fix: parsing of lists in fixed 4 spaces mode would not allow last item to be loose
- Fix: reference to non-image but not used as image target warning not raw.
- Fix: exception when navigating next/previous table cells in editor without an associated virtual file.
- Fix: #461, TOC with HTML generated content causes exception if skipping heading levels
- Fix: #460, TOC options do not change default Heading level
- Fix: #459, PDF export does not resolve local ref anchors
- Fix: #456, Register r markdown code chunk prefix
- Fix: #453, Option to hide toolbar
- Fix: #454, Incorrect filename inspection error, weak warning now only for wiki link targets that contain spaces in resolved link.
- Fix: flexmark-java issue 109, image ref loosing title tag.
- Add: GitBook compatible include tags when
GitBook compatibility mode is enabled in
- Fix: Nested stub index exception in reference search
- Fix: breadcrumb tooltip of task items would be missing the task item marker
- Fix: completions broken on Windows
- Fix: document format erroneously creates column spans for some tables.
- Fix: diagnostics/531, line painter provider passed line number > document line count.
- Fix: diagnostics/498, highlight in preview causing exception
- Fix: diagnostics/497, flexmark-java lib erroneous assert failure
- Fix: #447, Exported HTML has unexpected CSS and JS URLs
- Fix: #445, there should no be default language injection in bare code chunks
- Add: handling of optional quotes for jekyll include tags. Either single
' or double
" quotes will be ignored if the file name is wrapped in them.
- Fix: API break with version 2016.2.3 by using EditorModificationUtil methods missing from that version.
- Fix: #444, Markdown Navigator 2.3.7 breaks paste of github checkout url
- Fix: #441, false positive typo annotation in header, caused by using IdentifierSplitter instead of TextSplitter to handle elements that can have references.
- Fix: #442, Image Paste in Windows always pastes absolute file:// regardless of selection
- Add: Insert table column on right actions and changed description of previous action to insert table column on left.
- Fix: exception when exporting PDF or Copy HTML Mime
- Fix: #440, Auto links should not appear in fenced code
- Add: #411, Network drives links are not resolved correctly, URI links outside of project now error highlighted if the file does not exist
- Add: #433, Support external links for the Link Map (eg. JIRA link), Reference to Link Map to allow creating automatic reference URLs from Reference IDs
2.3.7 - Bug Fix Release
- Fix: parser erroneously processing escape
\ is encountered in fenced code and causing a parsing exception.
2.3.6 - Bug Fix & Enhancement Release
- Fix: intermittent index out of bounds exception if document is edited after parsing but before AST is built.
- Fix: #438, Markdown Syntax Change looses TOC element in source
- Add: annotation to detect when list syntax is set to GitHub
- Fix: #432, Add a way to disable the startup notification
- Fix: #436, Header link results in bad Table of Contents entry formatting
- Fix: #411, Network drives links are not resolved correctly, for
file:// which is outside the project and any module directory structure.
- Fix: NPE in settings under rare conditions
- Fix: assertion failure in settings under rare timing conditions
- Fix: paste NPE when pasting into link with empty address
- Fix: drag/drop without copy modifier of image files uses last non-image link format instead of last used image link format.
- Fix: diagnostic id:208, invalid virtual file in line painter
- Add: option to break definition list on two or more blank lines
- Fix: #428, Lack of encoding declaration when exporting in html
- Add: Global page zoom for JavaFX preview in application settings so that project preview zoom does not need to be changed when project is opened on a machine with different HIDPI. Now can leave project zoom to 1.00 and change global zoom to desired value.
- Fix: #426, Cannot add images from clipboard or drag and drop under Windows
- Fix: Setext heading to not show heading id on marker line
- Add: #425, Add Heading anchor ID display in editor
- Fix: #424, NoClassDefFoundError in WS 2017.1
- Fix: #421, NoSuchFieldError on startup after upgrading plugin on IDEs version 2016.1
- Fix: image link from non-wiki page to image in wiki would show as unresolved by annotator when it was resolved by line marker and preview.
General usage instructions
Install and get GitHub-like markdown with HTML preview and HTML text tabs for markdown text files.