Jan 30, 2019
A plugin to learn the IntelliJ IDEA shortcuts.
The Key Promoter X helps you to learn essential shortcuts while you are working.
When you use the mouse on a button inside the IDE, the Key Promoter X shows you the keyboard shortcut that you should
have used instead. This provides an easy way to learn how
to replace tedious mouse work with keyboard keys and helps to transition to a faster, mouse free development.
Currently, it supports toolbar buttons, menu buttons, tool windows and the actions therein.
The Key Promoter X tool window shows you a hit-list of the mouse actions you use the most and directly provides you
with the shortcut you can use instead. For buttons that don't have a shortcut, the Key Promoter X prompts you with
the possibility to directly create one.
Dmitry Kashin had the original idea for a "Key Promoters" but used custom UI elements which often clashed with the
IntelliJ IDEA UI. Key Promoter X is a completely rewritten version of the original idea and removes the custom pop-up
window with IntelliJ internal message balloons.
It, therefore, integrates much better into the IDE, fixes glitches and provides a more non-disruptive
way of learning shortcut bindings.
Recent change notes
- Add plugin icon shown in the settings and the repository
- New icons that better integrate into the UI
- Implemented a setting to only show "Keyboard" shortcuts. This is default and can be adjusted.
- Fixed exception that occurred on
closing Keymap dialog in 2018.3.
- Removed setting for maximum visible notifications. IDEA 2018.3 seems to restrict this itself.
- Implemented feature-request: Minimum count before notification
- Fixed empty tool-window with several windows open
- Fixed version range to make it work for EAP
- Fixed null-action tip on tool-window title buttons
- Fixed exception with wrong entries in the statistic
- Should work on Android Studio now
- Fixed re-appearing tips when custom shortcuts are used
- Made tips for context menus more consistent
- Fixed issue that would show suppressed shortcuts
- Implemented "do not show again"
- Tool-window updates automatically
- Icons for the Key Promoter X
- Tool-window shows now icons of the actions that were called
- Better visualization of the statistics tool-window
- Fixed bug to catch tool-window buttons successfully
- Re-implemented the algorithm that catches button clicks and extracts their information
- Change to internal notification system instead of an custom AWT window
- Built for IntelliJ 2017.1.4