See also Oracle's Java Technology Glossary.
- Document Object Model (DOM)
- DOM API abstracts working with XML files based on a custom semantic model.
- Event Dispatch Thread (EDT)
- The Event Dispatch Thread handles all Swing events. See also General Threading Rules.
- Extension Point (EP)
- Most functionality is provided by Using Extension Points provided by the platform or plugins. Plugins can also define their own to allow extensibility.
- External System (ES)
- External System allows integrating external project management systems.
- File Based Index (FBI)
- File Based Index allows storing key-value information based on the project's files.
- Local History (LVCS)
- A builtin → Version Control System tracking all changes in the project locally.
- Program Structure Interface (PSI)
- The Program Structure Interface represents a syntactic and semantic code model of the source input files. → Abstract Syntax Tree → Stubs
- A subset of a → Program Structure Interface tree in a binary serialized compact format, see Stub Indexes.
- Unified Abstract Syntax Tree (UAST)
- An abstraction layer on the → Program Structure Interface of different JVM languages.
- Version Control System (VCS)
- The API for Version Control System allows accessing builtin as well as adding custom implementations.
- Virtual File (VF)
- A Virtual File represents a file in a → Virtual File System.
- Virtual File System (VFS)
- A Virtual File System provides a unified API for working with files represented as → Virtual File.
- Write Action
- Allows accessing code-related data structures for writing purposes. See also General Threading Rules. → Read Action
Last modified: 19 May 2021