This page lists notable additions and updates to the SDK documentation and code samples.
- IDE Infrastructure
- IDE Infrastructure handles Logging, Error Reporting, Runtime Information, and how to provide Context Help.
- Extension Point Lists: Listeners, Deprecation status
- Extension Point List now contains sections listing all provided Listener Topics. See also corresponding Extension Point Lists under Part VIII - Product Specific. Also, all deprecated API now has a dedicated tag.
- Plugin Signing
- Plugin Signing describes the plugin signing process, explains how to generate a certificate, configure the Gradle
signPlugintask, and introduces a standalone CLI tool.
- IDE specific Extension Point Lists
- See Part VIII - Product Specific.
- New Guide - Explore the IntelliJ Platform API
- Add a new section Explore the IntelliJ Platform API that describes how plugin authors work with the IntelliJ Platform API and what tools they use.
- Element Patterns
- Add a new section about Element Patterns that are used when implementing Completion Contributors or PSI Reference Contributors.
- Editor - Text Selection
- Add a new section about Text Selection EPs and describe
- SDK Setup Assistance
- Added a code sample to the SDK tutorial that expands on assisting in the setup of an SDK.
- Unified AST
- Unified Abstract Syntax Tree (UAST) allows providing features that will work across all supported JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, Scala, Groovy).
- Extension Point List
- All EPs available in IJ Platform and Android can now be browsed conveniently.
- README added to Code Samples
- All code samples used in this guide now come with
README, making it easier to browse them. They can be conveniently accessed via a separate GitHub repository.
- JCEF Support (Experimental Feature)
- Allows embedding Chromium-based browser in the IDE.
- Part X - Plugin Repository moved
- All contents have been moved to JetBrains Marketplace documentation.
- New page: Optimizing Performance
- How to improve performance working with PSI, indexing, and avoiding UI freezes.
- New Page: Kotlin UI DSL
- Describes preferred way of building UI/dialogs for IntelliJ Platform 2019.2 and later.
Last modified: 21 September 2021